EMT Academy is a complete training guide for EMT-Basic level EMS personnel. Pass your initial certification exam with flying colors, or keep your skills sharp long after you become certified. Written in the style of the NREMT-B certification exam using scenario-based questions based on latest 2013 EMS material. We update our quiz questions several times a year.
The ORIGINAL EMT tutor study guide -- don't be fooled by copy-cat apps. This has been shipping for years on that "other" smart phone platform, and is the leading EMT study guide. There are no in-app purchases required to unlock additional features.
This quiz provides the highest quality test questions you will find, including illustrated anatomy diagrams. We believe in quality over quantity, yet we still provide OVER 1000 MULTIPLE CHOICE QUESTIONS, with explanations, divided into these chapters:
--PREPARATORY-- EMS Systems Safety & Wellness Legal & Ethical Issues Communications Documentation The Human Body Lifting & Moving --ASSESSMENT-- Vitals & SAMPLE Patient Assessment --AIRWAY-- Airway --MEDICAL-- General Pharmacology Respiratory Emergencies Cardiovascular Emergencies Neurologic Emergencies Acute Abdominal Pain Diabetes & AMS Allergic Reactions Toxicology Behavioral Emergencies --TRAUMA-- Trauma Overview Bleeding & Shock Soft Tissue Injuries Face & Neck Injuries Head & Spine Injuries Chest Injuries Abdominal Injuries Musculoskeletal Injuries Environmental Emergencies --SPECIAL POPULATIONS-- Obstetrics & Neonatal Pediatrics Geriatrics --EMS OPERATIONS-- Transport Operations Extrication & Rescue Incident Management Terrorism & Disasters --RESUSCITATION-- BLS Resuscitation --ALS TECHNIQUES-- Advanced Airway
Track your scores and progress along the way. We also provide over 300 "electronic flashcards" for another method of learning.
THAT'S OVER 1300 EMT QUESTIONS! But that's not all. We also include the EMS Toolkit, which many people find just as valuable as the review questions. Here's what you get in the EMS Toolkit:
• CPR Reference - Updated for latest AHA guidelines, we provide a reference to the proper steps in CPR, test questions to prepare you for your annual recert, and even a audio metronome that tells you the proper cadence for compressions.
• NREMT Testing Tips - A summary of what you should know before taking the NREMT exam.
• Documentation Guide - Things to consider and document for most common emergencies. Also, a quick reference to those acronyms like OQPRST and DCAP/BTLS.
• NREMT-B Psychomotor Skills Exam - Practical exam checklists for common EMT-B skills so you can make sure you perform every step properly:
Assessment - Medical, Assessment - Trauma, Bleeding and Shock, BVM Apneic Patient.txt Cardiac Arrest AED, Joint Immobilization, Long Bone Immobilization, Oxygen Admin NRB, Spinal Immobilization Seated, Spinal Immobilization Supine
• EMT-B Skills Guides - We've also added "how-to" guides on how to perform key EMT skills:
Taking Blood Pressure, EpiPen, Oral Glucose, Nasal Airway, Oral Airway, Suction.
• NREMT-B Recertification - This tells you what you need to do to recert (number of hours, categories, etc.)
• START Triage Quiz - Another bonus quiz covering the START system
• Hazmat Response Quiz - Another bonus quiz on how to deal with hazmat incidents (for EMS personnel)
NOTE: If you think you've found a typo or inaccurate question, please report this immediately and we will investigate. Quality is our number one concern! Since this app may be newer than your text book, you may find some discrepancies (for example, CPR guidelines have changed). Remember, this is a study guide, not a reference book. The purpose is to help you learn and remember, it is not a substitute for an instructor and a class.